GeoVision Software Information
The latest GeoVision software is updated constantly to offer the CCTV user the best quality and features. It makes our surveillance systems the best in the world.
See below for GeoVision Software features including: 32 Channel NVR / Hybrid DVR, IP Camera Integration, Pure Software NVR IP Solution, Advanced Video Analytics, Picture in Picture, Picture & Picture, Panoramic View, Video Stabilization and Defog. New Geo H.264 V2 compression, brand new Webcam User Interface, Group Storage and Access Control Software/Hardware Solutions.
GeoVision Version 8.5 - New Software Features & Hardware
- Sandy Bridge GPU Support for enhanced HD Video Decoding
- Support for all new GeoVision IP Camera Range
- FishEye Object Tracking
- AAC 16 kHz / 16 Bit Audio
- New IP Camera Support
- Wide Angle Lens De-Warping
- Face Blur for video playback
- Depth setting for Intrusion Alarm
- 16 Monitor Support for CMS Software (e.g Control Center)
- New GV900A 32 Channel Capture Card
- New GV600/650/800 B Cards
- New GV4008A Card
- GV Recording Server - Supports up to 128 IP Cameras
GeoVision Version 8.4 - New Software Features & Hardware
- New IP Cameras
- Free 32 Channel NVR Software (Use with GV IP Cameras/Video Servers
- ONVIF / PSIA IP Camera Support
- Object Track and Zoom
- Schedule AVI Merging
- Schedule AVI Compacting
- Economic Recording Mode
- On Demand Display
- Face Counting
GeoVision Version 8.3.2 - New Software Features & Hardware
- Advanced Single Camera Tracking
- Password Reminder Via Email
- Camera Association Monitoring
- Automatic Video Snapshots
- More IP Camera support including ACTi, Arecont, AXIS, IQinVision, Mobotix, Pelco, Panasonic, Sony and Verint
- More PTZ Camera Support including DynaColour and Acutvista
- User Definable SSL
- GV-iView for iPhone and iPhone Touch
- New Simple Mode for Webcam
- GIS Client Function
- New IP PTZ Dome
- New 4 Channel Video Server
- GV IP Cam H.264 1.3MP / VGA
- GV IO Box 8 and 16 Inputs (with Ethernet)
- GV Smart Box
GeoVision Version 8.3 - 32 Channel Hybrid IP Software Features
- 32 Channel Support
- GeoVision can support up to 32 channels of Analogue/IP Cameras.
- New BlackBerry and iPhone Mobile Phone CCTV Software
- New BBView software and GV-IView specifically designed for remotely viewing GeoVision on your Blackberry or iPhone include advanced features such as live view, monitoring control and output alarm trigger.
- Digital Matrix
- Up to 8 video outputs are now available. The Digital Matrix also supports camera pop-up on motion detection
- GIS (Geographic Information System) Support
- The GV System can playback GPS Tracked routes, recorded from a GV Video Server or GV Compact DVR.
- Enhanced Object Tracking
- New Single Object Tracking allows any supported PTZ to track movement.
- New Video Analytics
- New Video Analytics features including Crowd Detection.
- New Webcam Features
- The remote webcam feature has been upgraded with 32 channel support and new MultiCast mode for reduced bandwidth load whilst viewing on a Local Network (LAN).
- New Electronic Point of Sale integration using direct TCP/IP
- Support for new IP Cameras. GeoVision now supports over 100 IP Camera models. View GeoVision Supported IP Cameras
- Automatic daylight saving time adjustment, GPS Track Playback, Video Effects, Multiple Custom Views
- Multicast streaming / Audio Broadcasting. 32 Channel support
- 32 Channel Support, Unlimited Log Retention, Assign Subscriber to alternate Center V2 system, Simplified 2 way Audio Panel, IP Camera IO Device control.
- 32 Channel Support, New IP Camera support, Pop-Up on Alarm Input, IP Camera IO Device control, Matrix Enhancements, Live View Enhancements.
GeoVision Version 8.2 Hyrbid IP Software Features
[bullets]IP Camera Integration Support
GV-NVR IP Software
Designed for IP Camera integration only, the GV-NVR has the same features as the GeoVision software without the need for a GV Capture card. Ideal for up 16 IP Camera integration.
New Advanced Video Analytics
Including De-Fog, Video Stabilize and and Panoramic View
New Webcam User Interface
- New Webcam Graphical User Interface
- New simple download of codec and remote webcam software
- Enhanced Reporting
- Bandwidth Control
- Up to 64 Preset Capability
- Emap I/O Video Trigger
- New Storage Groups
Specify different drive locations for different cameras.
Create camera groups for recording allowing flexible storage setup.
- New Video Codec: H.264 V2
Providing higher frame rate and improved compression.
- New Display Resolutions
1920 x 1080(HD), 1280 x 800 (NB)
- Picture In Picture
Zoom In live/playback video using PiP mode (Ideal for MegaPixel IP Cameras)
- Picture And Picture
In Screen Multi Region Focus Live / Playback (Ideal for MegaPixel IP Cameras)
- New Advanced Bandwidth Control
Bandwidth Control and Management
3 Axis Joystick for professional PTZ Control
- New GV IP Camera
- Dual Codec (JPEG / MPEG-4)
- 2 Way Audio
- 1 Input / 1 Output
- Access Control Solutions
2 & 4 door Access Control systems with Card Readers, Access Cards & Key Fobs also available.
As-Server software provides seamless integration into GeoVision DVR System for live and video playback.
- New Center V2 Features
- CD/DVD Backup
- AXIS IP Camera Support
- Syncronized dual connection 1 DVR to 2 Center V2 Machines
- Mulitple Video Playback
- New Control Center Features
- Video Server Support
- IP Camera Intergration
- GV-Joystick Integration
- Video Analytics
- New Video Player for single camera playback
- Popup Window for Motion Detection Alert
- Virtual Monitor: 36 Matrix Views with 3840 cameras on TV Wall
- New Dispatch Server Features
New CD/DVD Backup Feature
- New VSM Features
- Video Server integration
- CD/DVD Backup
GeoVision Version 8.12
GeoVision Version 8.12 Software Features
- Microsoft Windows Vista Support
GeoVision now supports the latest Windows Vista Operating System.
- New Viewlog Features
Backup Video with or without Viewlog Player. Merge Log added to record the details of merged recording files. Speed Up/Down Video Playback in Frame by Frame Mode
- Remote Viewlog on CD
The CD version of Remote Viewlog plays back Video Server files on PC, without a GV System
- New Mobile Phone Applications
Viewing CCTV on your mobile phone with GeoVision is now even better with: 4, 9 and 16 screen view; PTZ Control; Channel change via middle phone button; Series 60 3rd Edition Symbian Support.
- Remote Viewlog, CMS, Video Server CD Version
The CD version of Remote Viewlog, CMS and Video Server now have: Auto play; Backup to CD; Default Screen View; Latest Events Display; Water Mark on AVI Merge.
Geovision Version 8.1
GeoVision Version 8.1 Software Features
- Object Index Face Detection
Capture Human Faces using object index feature. Intelligent Software ignores other objects and provides zoomed-in face detection images.
- Increased Screen Resolutions
GeoVision can now support 1920 x 1200, 1680 x 1050 and 1600 x 1200 Resolution.
- Visual Automation
Control electronic items by triggering Alarm Output Device.
Simply Click the image on the screen to trigger.
- Password Expiration
Password Expiration provides better security for your surveillance system. Administrators can now set an expiration date/disable user accounts.
- Advanced Motion Detection
Setup Multiple Detection Sensitivities within multiple regions.
- Viewlog Timeline Search
Graphical Timeline Search for simple retrieval of footage.
- POS Live View via Internet Explorer
Using the GeoVision Webcam Server you can view Live Point of Sale Transaction Information together with Live Video with Instant Playback.
- Virtual I/O Control
Virtual I/O Control provides the GV System with control of I/O Devices connected to the GV-Video Server and GV-Wiegand Capture (GV-WT) by the click of a button.
- Touch Screen Support
Touch Screen support for ViewLog playback including screen change and full screen mode.
GeoVision Version 8.1 Hardware
The GV-Video Server is a 2 Channel IP Server designed to transmit Analogue video and audio signals over an IP Network (LAN or WAN). It has a user friendly interface via Internet Explorer and contains alarm and event management including motion detection notification via Email/FTP.
The GV-Video Server can also transmit video to Center V2 Monitoring Station Software and 3GPP Mobile Phone
The GV-2004 (100 FPS) and GV-2008 (200 FPS) are the latest digital surveillance capture cards from GeoVision. They offer MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 Hardware Compression at Full D1 Resolution, with 4 or 8 channel video and audio recording, 1 Channel TV Spot Monitor Output.
The GV-Data Capture V3E is the latest EPOS Integration box. Using the V3E, Point of Sale Transaction Information can be transmitted over LAN, WAN or Internet.
Download Version 8 Software from ezCCTV Software Download Section
Geovision Version 8 Features Include:
- MPEG4 (ASP) & H.264 Video Codec: ---New
One of them is Geo MPEG4 Advanced Simple Profile, following industry's
standard (MPEG-4 Part2). The other one is Geo H.264 using
compression technique defined in MPEG-4 Part10, delivering crisp, clear
video in much smaller files.
- Video Mask Protection: ---New
This new video mask filter is used to protect sensible area, for example
during the usage of ATM Keypad. The protected region can be integrated
in original video sequence or using RSA encryption password-protection
for later retrievable.
- Advanced Motion Detection: ---New
This new feature is used to set sensibility of motion detection for predefined
areas. Each region can be customized with different level of sensibility.
- Scene Change Detection: ---New
Using this new intelligent feature, you can detect malfunction, obstruction
or tampering of the camera, by change of the view angle, scene, or focus
- Control Center: ---New
A new powerful centralize management application is also integrated.
You can manage all DVR system's setting, view all video's archives and
control their I/O everything remotely from one single terminal station.
- SSL Encrypted WebCam : ---New
GeoVision Webcam Server now offers SSL Encryption to ensure the safety
and security of your surveillance system.
- Codec Storage Calculator: ---New
This new tool is used to analyze and calculate the precise storage requirement
for your DVR's application.
- Swap HDD Utility: ---New
Upon insertion of an external storage (like USB, Firewire or Serial ATA),
your DVR recording storage capacity is added automatically without turning
off. The recording path is added automatically and Viewlog can also be
transferred for later view on other PC.
- New Profile Management: ---New
Fast Backup & Restore Manager is the new application that lets you
use your custom skin for your DVR System. You can customize your favorite
DVR's applications and export all the settings to make additional duplication.
- Spot Monitor: ---New
Customize video channels and define display layout for DSP controller's
TV-Output. Audio Playback in Smart Search: --Improvement Smart Search
in Viewlog application now supports audio playback
- 500 Subscribers Support in Center V2: --Improvement
The central monitoring application, Center V2 now supports 500 subscribers
- UPnP NAT, Webcam Remote Control: --Improvement
Using revolutionary Universal Plug and Play feature, all the required
TCP/IP ports are configured automatically and the new webcam remote control
can be resized, video attributes like Hue, Brightness, Saturation or Contrast
are adjustable. DVR recording start/stop, schedule recording start/stop
can be remotely controlled through Web interface.
- POS Live viewer: --Improvement
Now it supports multiples POS transaction's Live View. Each window can
be group together or divided into single. The list of transaction's items
and text attribute can be customized as well.
- New Schedule Planner Management: --Improvement
The new schedule planner is now easier to configure (in 2 steps using
Setup Wizard), timeline control using Drag & Drop and all the settings
can be exported to an XML file for later implementation.
Introduction of New Hardware
- GV-MP4: Real-time MPEG4 hardware compression
You may choose to purchase GV-MP4 cards in addition to your GV-system.
Each GV-MP4 cards (MPEG4 hardware compression card) gives 4 video and
audio channels recording at resolution 720x480 (NTSC) or 720X576 (PAL)
with low CPU usage.
- GV-Data Capture V2E (with Ethernet Port)
The new POS companion has an additional Ethernet port for LAN connection
and the old parallel port is replaced with RS232 DB-25 (Male Connector).
Geovision Version 7 Features Include:
- Improved Recording Resolutions - 720 x 576(PAL)
GeoVision can now record in 720 x 576 De Interlace, 720 x 576 and 720
x 288. There is still also 640 x 480 De Interlace, 640 x 480 and 320 x
240 Video resolutions.
- Save Video Clips as .EXE files
Unlike some CCTV Systems, the GeoVision will playback video files on
any PC via its intelligent .exe file creation.
- Easy Backup
Backup Video evidence directly to CD / DVD without any additional burning
- Remotely View GeoVision via Smartphone
Monitor your GeoVision system using GPRS connection. Both Windows based
Smartphone 2002 / 2003 and Symbian 7.0 supported.
- Increased Panel Resolution
1280 x 1024 Screen Resolution, ideal for larger screen outputs such as
- Enhanced Network Security using RSA Encryption
The GeoVision software will encrypt live video sent over the internet.
Remote Monitoring Via Symbian and Microsoft Smartphone
You can Remotely Monitor your GeoVision Surveillance sites using your
Symbian and Microsoft Smartphone. You can now view live in JPEG using
Improved Video Resolution to Support Audio Recording
The following resolutions now support audio recording and playback: 640x480
de-interlace (new), 720x480 de-interlace (new), 720x240 (new), 640x240,
and 320x240. Same supports also to PAL standard: 720x576 de-interlace
(new), and 720x288 (new).
Export AVI Footage with Multiple Cameras Images
Compared to previous version where you could only export video files from
one camera at a time, version 7.0 allows you to export video files from
multiple cameras at once. You may now play back multiple cameras at once
in Media Player (previously you could only play back one camera view at
Schedule to Connect to Center V2
You may now auto connect to Center V2 by schedule.
Added PTZ Dome Support
SAE DR-E588 and Kenko DMP23H1.
Vital Sign Monitor - Storage Information Display
In Vital Sign Monitor you may read about storage information (e.g. availability
of hard disk space) on each DVR.
Webcam Remote Play Back - Video and Audio Synchronized
The feature allows you to view video with synchronized audio
in Webcam RPB (remote playback).
New GeoVision Hardware
The GV-Keyboard is designed to support exclusively GeoVision DVR systems.
It can control up to 16 GeoVision systems.
Hybrid DVR Card (GV-MPEG2 Hard Compression Card)
You may choose to purchase Hybrid DVR cards in addition to your GV-system.
Each Hybrid DVR card (hardware compression card) gives 4 video and audio
channels recording at resolution 720x480 (NTSC) or 720X576 (PAL) with
low CPU usage.
The device could help you in two ways. One is that it provides four RS-232
and four 485 ports so that one GV-system could now support up to 4 POS
systems. Second is that the device serves as four GV-NETís.
See here for more information on our GeoVision
Version 6.1 Geovision Software released. All of our Geovision
Cards support the latest V6.05 and V6.11 Software.
New Geovision Version 6.1 Features Include:
- Unattended Object Detection and Missing Object Detection
You may set the Geovision System so that when an object is left unattended
for a set period of time at the surveillance scene, the system immediately
sends alerts to proper authorities for prompt action. Another function
offered by this feature is Missing Objection Detection - when an object
is missing from the surveillance scene for a set period of time, the system
also sends out alerts. Lost / Suspicious Object Screenshot
- Object Tracking and Zooming by PTZ Dome
The PTZ dome auto tracks and zoom-in on an object until it leaves the
surveillance scene. (Note: This feature requires one stationary camera
and one PTZ dome equipped with auto tracking feature).
- Backlight Compensation
You may now apply backlight compensation in View Log, in order to compensate
dark images result from backlight.
Backlight Enhancement Example
- Image Size Indicator
Size of image may be effected due to different settings for video attributes (brightness, contrast, etc.)
E-map displays the monitoring area on an electronic map, where operator can easily locate cameras, sensors and alarms. The e-map may be set to pop-up with flashing icon, indicating a camera or an I/O device is being triggered. E-Map Screenshot
- Video Fully Synchronize with Audio
Enhanced video and audio in real-time synchronization quality, live and
in View Log. No delays as it may happen in certain models of previous
- Windows Lockup
Secure your PC while away from workstation. You may lock up the Windows
Desktop by launching a customized GV-Desktop, under which operators are
limited to run on only GV-systems and the selected programs. When apply this
feature, keyboard loses its control to Windows. For example, functions such as Ctrl+Alt+Del is now disabled.
- Enlarged PTZ/IO Control Panel to support Touch-Screen Monitors
With bigger buttons you may now operate PTZ domes or I/O devices on a touch-screen.
- Starts the System Hidden
When select to start the system hidden, the system will reside at system tray when first start the system. It could be called out only if click the icon resides at system tray.
- Object Index
You may quickly find a desired video file at a glance! Compare to previous version where you may try your luck guessing on a date to spot a specific event, you may now glance one frame of each video file at once, and quick spot the event you want.
Object Index Example
- Active and deactivate Various Alerts All At Once
Compare to previous version where you may individually enable or disable any of the alerts (hotline, e-mail, I/O module, or alarm notifications) once triggered, you may now enable or disable them in a single operation.
- Retrieve Only I/O-Triggered Events
Prevent any I/O-triggered video files being recycled. Due to their low occurrence, I/O-triggered events may be worthwhile to keep. When applying the feature, all the I/O-triggered events, unless removed manually, will be free from the typical recycle process.
- Flag Important Video Events in the View Log
You may flag important video events to prevent them from being recycled. When the system must recycle events for more storage space, those that are flagged will be skipped from the process.
Never Recycle Video Clips Example
- Hot Key Display Window from System Configuration Folder
The Hot Key display window provides a quick reference of most often used perations. The window may be recalled for Main System, View Log, and PTZ Control Panel from the system configuration.
- Displays Total Time, Frames and Sizes of a Video
Compare to previous version where you could only tell the start time of an event in the ViewLog event list window, you may now choose to display total number of frames in a video file, or size of the video file. This helps you better determine storage space required to back up the selected events.
- SMS Alerts
In addition to e-mail and pager alerts, you may now send Short Message Service (SMS) through mobile when any of the following conditions occurs: video lost, I/O Module lost, I/O triggered and connection lost, abnormal system operation, intruder, missing object, unattended object, POS loss prevention, and disk full. The function is available in the main system, Center V2, and Vital Sign Monitor.
New Geovision Version 6.1 Accessories:
- Infra Red Remote Control
Use IR Remote Control to operate frequently used operations, such as recording, playback, in Main system and View Log.
- Improved GVNET/IO Card
The GV-12In and GV-12Out extends the new GV-NET/IO card to a total of 16 input/output.
New Geovision Version 6.1 Applications:
- Vital Sign Monitor (VSM)
Vital Sign Monitor (VSM) applies to monitoring stations where multiple GV-systems are in use. VSM receives alerts in text messages, alarms, and/or output devices when any of the following alert condition occurs in a GV-system:
video lost, I/O Module lost, I/O triggered and connection lost, abnormal system operation, intruder, missing object, unattended object, POS loss prevention, and disk full. Suitable to manage a large-scale security environment.
- Software-based GV-Data Capture
The new application is released to support graphic mode POS, in addition to the text mode that is already available in the current GV-Data Capture box.
GeoVision's GV-Series is a PC based, multi-channel video surveillance
system that utilizes the most advance digital video compression technologies
to bring you the highest picture quality and video performance. The GV-Series
product range starts from our entry level GV-250 to the flagship GV-1480.
Up to 16 cameras can be connected and view live on a local monitor screen
or thru TCP/IP network. Video can be recorded basing on specifiable schedules
or motion detection. You can store video clips in HDD or any optical storage
device by using GeoVision Backup System.
Geovision Remote Playback and Monitoring
The Geovision GV-Series is a true network surveillance system. We offer a wide range of solution for remote playback and monitoring. Captured images or videos can be easily distributed to any remote locations thru
LAN/WAN environment or Internet connection.
- Remote Viewer
- Multicast System
- WebCam Viewer
- Geo Center
- Remote Playback System
Callout and email alerts
The Geovision GV-Series is capable of connecting up to 72 I/O devices
when correspond with the optional GV-IO modules. These modules can be
connected to motion sensors, smoke detectors, or PTZ cameras. When a detector
or alarm is trigger, the system will quickly send alert to your mobile
phone or email, allowing you to act as quickly as possible to minimize
Geovision Major Features
- 640 X 480 Recording and display resolution
- Mpeg 4 / Wavelet compression technology
- Motion detection, around the clock, and pre-schedule recording mode
- Alarm to Email (Jpeg or text message to your mail server
- Embedded I/O devices control
- Embedded PTZ control panel
- Built-in Web Server
- Digital Watermark Authentication
- Multi Level Password Protection
- Full Screen Display
- Dyanmic IP Address Support
- Video Lost Detection
- Video auto gain controller
- Video scaling filter
- Use Microfost Remote Desktop to control another GV-System
- Mini-View display
- AVI repair utility
Geovision Recording Mode
- Motion detection recording
- Around the clock recording
- Pre-schedule recording
- Pre alarm and post alarm recording
- Pre motion and post motion recording
Geovision Camera Configuration
- Independent video brightness and contrast control
- Selectable motion detection sensitivity and masking area for each camera.
- Independent recording quality and frame rate adjustment.
Geovison Remote Application Software
- Remote View
- IP Multicast
- WebCam Viewer
- Remote Playback system
- Geo Center
- G-View for Win CE PDA
* GeoVision product will never be obsolete since it is based on Windows OS and you can continuously upgrade your software corresponding to our
development in the future.